Lauren E. Cooper
B.A. (Hons.), J.D.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Protection
After earning my Bachelor of Arts at Laurentian University, I completed the first year of the Indigenous Social Work program and then was accepted into the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law at Lakehead University. As part of my placement at Legal Aid Ontario, I did rotations as duty counsel in both criminal and family court. I am a passionate advocate for survivors of domestic violence, and carry that into my practice of family law. I have formal training in non-judgmental crisis intervention from my time working as a volunteer Victim Crisis Responder. In my free time, I enjoy golfing, sailing and playing ultimate frisbee, flag football and squash.
- Called to the Ontario bar, 2019
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Thunder Bay Law Association
- B.A. (Honours), Laurentian University, 2014
- J.D., Lakehead University, 2019
- Volunteer, Dew-Drop Inn
- Volunteer, Shelter House Thunder Bay
- Board Member, Little Lions Waldorf Child and Family Centre