B.A. (Hons.), J.D.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
I was born in Sri Lanka and moved to Toronto with my family when I was 5 years old. I went to York University and earned my Honours Bachelor’s degree in Health Studies. Following my undergraduate education, I took a year off and worked at a non-profit organization, where I realized that I wanted to pursue a career where I can have an impact on and help families going through difficult transitions in their lives. In 2017, I moved to Thunder Bay to pursue my law degree at the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law. During the summer of my second year of law school and for my placement in my third year, I worked at Henderson Family Law, where I assisted in many family matters, and my desire to help families in need was reinforced. My experiences as a student and lawyer have made me a passionate advocate and a fearless negotiator for those who need someone on their side. My empathetic nature allows me to listen and understand my client’s needs and come up with creative solutions for them while helping them move forward with their lives. In my free time, I like to read, paint, go for walks, and travel.
- Called to the Ontario bar, 2020
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Thunder Bay Law Association
- J.D., Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, 2020
- B.A. (Honours), York University, 2016
- Fundraising Coordinator at LEAF Thunder Bay (Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund)
- Volunteer at Dew Drop Inn