B.A., B.S.W. (Hons.), R.S.W., J.D.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Protection
Having been born and raised in the small town of Manitouwadge, Ontario, I moved to Thunder Bay in 2008 to pursue my education. I became a registered social worker and developed my social work skills as a child protection worker and family counsellor. During my time as a counsellor, I also ran parenting programs for parents of high-needs children and taught coping skills to children with behavioural difficulties. As a lawyer, I continue to be passionate about mental health and advocating for families and children in crisis. When I’m not working for my clients, I can be found hiking, snowshoeing, camping, fishing, swimming, or otherwise relaxing in nature with my tiny dog, Winston.
- Called to the Ontario bar, 2020
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Thunder Bay Law Association
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- J.D., Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, 2020
- B.S.W. (Honours), Lakehead University, 2012
- B.A., Lakehead University, 2011
- “Mental Health and the Legal Profession” – Northern Law Compass (2018)
- “Indigenous Legal Traditions within Northwestern Ontario’s Child Welfare System” – Northern Law Compass (2017)