Lauren M. Conti
B.A. (Hons.), J.D.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Protection
- Office of the Children’s Lawyer
My focus is on family law and child protection matters, and I frequently represent children on behalf of the Office of the Children’s Lawyer. When I studied Women’s Studies for my undergraduate degree, I became deeply interested in the legal protection of women and children. I’m dedicated to representing the interests of children in the legal system, while working to make the process accessible and understandable to the child. I am also trained in working with clients who have experienced domestic violence. In my downtime, I spend time with my young family, usually in the outdoors—snowshoeing, swimming, fishing and hunting.
- Called to the Ontario bar, 2010
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Thunder Bay Law Association
- Panel member, Office of the Children’s Lawyer (Ontario)
- B.A., Honours, University of Western Ontario, 2006 (Gold Medal Winner for academic achievement)
- J.D., Queen’s University, 2009
- Volunteer with the Salvation Army Thunder Bay Community Church in various community outreach initiatives